The Kagoo is back!
A pure fun hike and fly wing, and more!
Hike and Fly is a popular type of flying nowadays and the Kagoo2 is dedicated to pilots looking for a super fun wing to bring on for their Hike and Fly adventure, but that’s not all the wing is good for. Its great performance level will make it the perfect companion for soaring, thermaling, and carving the sky… pure Miniwing style!
The Kagoo2 provides the ultimate fun factor, and the best way to find out is by flying it!
Rather than the usual fancy gimmicks such as mini ribs, 3D leading edge shaping, etc…, we focused once again on the skin tensions to get the best balanced canopy. This way allows us to save a good amount of material, therefore not saving on what will make the glider durable in the time (reinforcements, risers…).
Despite the great performance, the Kagoo2 remains pitch stable, a key in safety and ease of use.
It’s designed as a pure Miniwing: with great speed range, incredibly precise handling, and very good glide ratio, even when flying in a headwind.
Although you have to be an experienced pilot to fly the Kagoo2, as with any highly loaded wing, the Kagoo2 offers a high level of passive safety. Can be used in schools with the proper supervision.
Some characteristics are as follows:
- New airfoil with setback narrow vents to increase the venturi effect during inflation. The result is a fast, constant rise with no over-shooting and over powering behavior. It also helps reducing drag, increasing the headwing capacity.
- 34 cells, including our latest knowledge on skin tension. This offers a very precise handling and compact feeling.
- 3 rows per side line setup to get perfect rise on no wind take off.
- Unsheathed lines from top to bottom, increasing the speed of the glider.
- 12mm Kevlar webbing with speedbar system: the extra grams are compensating with a great ease of use, unlike dyneema risers.
- 27gr top and bottom and a mix of 27/32gr for the structure: for optimized weight and packing.
- Short nylon rods
- Light and compact backpack