Is it the speed you need? Performance? Do you search for the minimum sink? Is the peace of mind important for your long flights? So, here we are! We designed APOLLO 2 to be fast, safe, reliable and great fun to fly during your XC adventurous.
We believe that safety is essential for all airborne activities. But being safe should not limit your performance, your competitive spirit and your determination to fly XC flights. APOLLO 2 is not created as a compromise between safety and performance but rather as the synergy between sporty spirit and comfortable, safe flying.
Why do pilots like APOLLO 2?
- EN/LTF B certified glider with a lot of passive safety;
- Very easy take-off and that helps to discover the places off the principal and populated meadows;
- A higher performance which pilots will appreciate in long-distance flights over the valleys where the speed and headwind penetration is needed;
- Highly efficient thermalling which is a real piece of cake as it is not tiring and APOLLO 2 cores the thermals very naturally;
- The wing is very compact and even we the performance is there, it is still very comfortable glider;
- Very light wing (4.25 kg in M size) produced in 5 sizes to fit best your take-off weight.
The main distinctive features are:
- Three line plan minimises the drag and helps the pilots sorting out the lines and the pre-flight check a piece of cake.
- LEO (Leading Edge Optimization) design ensures that the composite nose is highly structured and formed yet remains light and allows pilots very easy take offs even under challenging conditions.
- The unique blend of Hypalon, nylon rods and mylar support the nose with perfect tension and minimises the tendencies to collapses.
- The Triple 3D cut; two upper surface cuts and one lower, ensure the cleanest of curves to the foil. The end result is a highly efficient profile with excellent internal pressure values throughout the speed range that remains simple to launch, highly durable and yet simple to pack.
- Proven three and a half rows and three-risers line concept with split A-risers for more comfortable ears.